It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in school-organised events outside normal school hours. We ask children to wear their polo shorts tucked into their skirts, shorts or trousers and to take a pride in their personal appearance.
Items of uniform can be bought with the school logo on from Uniform direct store in Lincoln or online Uniform Direct ® – School Uniform Suppliers – Online & Wholesale (uniform-direct.com), whilst other plain items are easily available, at very competitive prices, at local shops including supermarkets. A complete list of the items needed for school uniform, including those for P.E. and Outdoor Learning, is included in this policy. Please ensure all items of clothing are labelled.
If you require second hand uniform, please contact the school office.
Aims and objectives
The aims of this policy are to:
- ensure clarity of what can be worn or not at school;
- promote a sense of pride in our school;
- help to create a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- ensure that our pupils can be clearly identified with our school;
- ensure pupils’ uniforms are practical, smart, affordable and are suitable, with health and safety in mind;
- ensure that pupils are dressed smartly.
The essential uniform is as follows:
- Shirt/blouse/polo shirt-white
- Shoes (not trainers)-black
- School logo sweatshirt/cardigan-school colours (purple for year 6)
The optional dress for warmer weather
- Shorts-tailored not football (in warmer weather)
- Summer dress-blue/white gingham/stripes (in warmer weather)
The school also has a PE kit:
- Plain shorts, white t shirt and plimsolls/trainers
- School logo PE top (optional)
Watches and small stud earrings may be worn. Earrings must be removed during PE activities and removed for swimming. Due to Health and Safety issues, other jewellery is not allowed – children will be asked to remove any other items and they will be in safe keeping until home time.
Adaptations for Weather
In the cold weather, particularly in the winter months, children are expected to wear coats and are permitted to wear a hat/ear-muffs, scarf and gloves. Please ensure that all items are clearly named. On hot days all children will not be expected to wear jumpers/cardigans. Items such as polo-shirts / short-sleeved shirts, tailored shorts and summer dresses are all appropriate in the hot weather.